Top Ten Tuesday
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish back in June 2010. It is currently hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and, as is stated on the blog, it was “born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.”
Tuesday has made it’s way back and it’s time for another Top Ten! The theme this week is “Holiday Reads”, which, I’m gonna be honest, is not my bag. I love Christmas and I love the holiday season, but I don’t love reading books where the holidays are a major theme. I don’t know why. Usually because they are so syrupy sweet that my teeth ache. But even if they aren’t, holiday themed books just aren’t my cup of tea.
So! Instead, I’ve decided to give you a list of ten books I’m planning on reading in December. A TTT and a TBR all in one! Now, I don’t typically do TBRs as I’m a huge mood reader, but I do have quite a few books that I would really like to get to before 2020, so December is getting a TBR. Here’s the ten books I’m planning on finishing this month:
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo: I’ve actually already started this one and it is daaaaark. I love it!
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer: Also currently reading this one and I’m not sure what I was expecting from this book, but I’m really digging it. I’m listening to the audiobook and the narrator is A+!
- The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern: I am not letting 2019 end without reading my most anticipated release!
- Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey: My most recent library haul that is due back mid-December, so I kinda have to read it. I am looking forward to digging into it as it’s the first book in one of my husband’s favorite series.
- The Bone Ships by R. J. Barker: I’M GOING TO FINISH THIS ARC, DAMN IT! *shakes her fist at the sky*
- The Count of Monte Cristo: I started this audiobook in 2019 and I will finish it in 2019! I just gotta get through my current audiobook and then I will forsake all others until this one is done!
- The Deep by Rivers Solomon: Another ARC from my Netgalley list that I’m trying to have done before we enter the new year. It’s short, I just need to find the time!
- The God Game by Danny Tobey: Another ARC! Sensing a theme? This has been likened to Ready Player One, which is one of my favorite books, so I’m really looking forward to reading it!
- Middlegame by Seanan McGuire: I started reading Seanan McGuire this year (The Wayward Children series is a new fave!) and I’d love to get to this one before 2019 is over. I’ve heard tons of great things! I won’t be devastated if I don’t manage to get to it, though. I’ll just kick off 2020 with a bang!
- Girls of Storm and Shadow by Natasha Ngan: I just hauled this book over the holiday weekend, but I’ve been looking forward to it since I read Girls of Paper and Fire this summer. Again, though, if I can’t get to it before 2020 rolls around, I’ll be alright.
And there we have it, my list of “holiday” reads! I mean… it counts since I’m reading them during the holidays, right? Right.
What are you planning to read this holiday season? Do you have any holiday themed favorites that you think might sway me to actually give them a try? Let me know in the comments!
And, as always, happy reading!