Top Ten Tuesday
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish back in June 2010. It is currently hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and, as is stated on the blog, it was “born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.”
It’s a snowy/sleety Tuesday and I’m cuddled up with a caramel brulee latte trying to warm myself up. But it does put me into a Winter frame of mind which works with today’s theme: Winter reads! As I’ve said before, I’m a huge mood reader, so I don’t tend to make TBRs. I do, however, have quite a few ARCs I need to get to that are coming out in the beginning months of 2020! One of my goals for next year is to be better at keeping on top of my ARCs, so with that in mind, it made building my Winter TBR fairly easy!
- A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer (Pub date – Jan 7): The first of my ARCs I’d like to get to very soon. The sequel to A Curse so Dark and Lonely where we get to learn more about my fave, Grey. I’m excited for it!
- The God Game by Danny Tobey (Pub date – Jan 7): This is a book about a game that has been compared to Ready Player One and I am here for it! I’m also on the blog tour for this one, so I need to get to it sooner than later!
- Nameless Queen by Rebecca McLaughlin (Pub date – Jan 7): This ARC just came in and I re-read the synopsis. It’s about a girl who is Nameless becoming queen and the drama that entails. Sounds like it’s gonna be intense!
- The Tenant by Katrine Engberg (Pub date – Jan 14): I got an email from the publisher about this book and it sounded intriguing. It’s a Danish thriller, which is something I’ve recently been getting into, so I’m hoping I’ll love it.
- American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins (Pub date – Jan 21): I’ve talked about this book already and still really excited to read it. I’m trying to read it after the ARCs that are being published first, but I really just want to pick this one up right now, lol.
- The Last Human by Zack Jordan (Pub date – Mar 24): I’ve recently gotten back into space operas and this one is about the literal last human in the universe who has to pretend she isn’t human or she’ll be killed. Like, come on! Of course I want to read that!
Only six, so I suppose that’s not terrible. I’ve got a lot to get read in January, though! I’m excited for all of these titles, so at least I won’t have a boring Winter.
So what are you reading during the winter months? Do you have any book you’re particularly excited about? Let me know in the comments!
And, as always, happy reading!