Top Ten Tuesday
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish back in June 2010. It is currently hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and, as is stated on the blog, it was “born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.”
Happy Tuesday, dear reader! It’s been awhile since I’ve done one of these, but when I saw it was a book cover freebie, I couldn’t resist! I’ve read quite a few books recently that had gorgeous covers. It makes me wonder if I’m just drawn to pretty books or the genres I typically read are upping their cover game. Either way, I thought I’d share my top ten favorite covers of books that I have recently read. Enjoy!
- Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire: I just love the dark, creepy vibe of this cover. It’s also my favorite of the Wayward Children’s series!
- The Merciful Crow by Margaret Owen: I just love the color scheme and the art of this cover! I honestly originally picked this up solely because of the cover. Thankfully, I ended up loving it.
- Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia: Another book that I picked up solely because of the cover. I mean, look at it! It’s absolutely gorgeous! The colors, the art, the whole aesthetic is just *chef’s kiss*
- Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir: I loved this entire book’s aesthetic. Honestly, it just fit the book so well. That aside, this cover just makes me drool. Gideon looking suitably badass and bones aplenty. It speaks to me.
- Wilder Girls by Rory Power: Yet another book that I picked up solely because of the cover. Sensing a theme with me? I can 100% be sold on a book if I find it pretty. I just love the art on this. It’s evocative and creepy and it makes you want to know what’s inside.
- A Heart so Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer: I mean… just look at it! It helps that green is my second favorite color. It’s so pretty…
- The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow: I don’t usually go for flowery covers, but this cover just slapped me in the face in the best of ways! It’s eye-catching and stunning and I just want to stare at forever.
- The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern: I do love a cover with symbolism. Everything on this cover is a hint to things found within the book and I adore it. It’s also beautifully understated.
- SLAY by Brittney Morris: This is probably my favorite one on the list. I love the colors. I love that it features a beautiful, geeky, black young woman. I love the effects. And, not gonna lie, the naked hardcover is beautiful!
- Come Tumbling Down by Seanan McGuire: Yup, another Wayward Children book, but look at it! The lightning! The door! It makes me think of a horror movie, which makes sense when you think of the content of this book. It’s deliciously weird and I love it!
If you’d like to find out more about any of these books, simply click on their gorgeous covers to be taken to the Goodreads page.
Have you read any of these books? Have you read any book simply because you loved the cover? Let me know in the comments!
And, as always, happy reading!