I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. This is one of my few weekends off and I’m enjoying it by reading and playing Animal Crossing. But there’s something even more exciting to talk about…
I was tagged for The Mystery Blogger Award! I was tagged by the lovely Just_Me @ HappymessHappiness. I love their blog because it has such a variety of posts from poetry to six-word stories and beyond! Thank you again for thinking of me 💕
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma to highlight bloggers that “haven’t been discovered yet”. Hence the mystery! It was created to help make the blogging community a friendly and welcoming place. I’ve seen it floating about the blogosphere and I always love reading the posts because the questions get so interesting. Before I continue on, let’s go over…
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
3 Things About Me
- I grew up in the military, married a military man, and served 8 years in the US Air Force Reserves.
- My hot beverage of choice is and always will be hot chocolate.
- I’ve lived in Germany and yearn to go back to Europe one day!
#1. If you can ask the president of your country just one question, what would you ask?
Ugh… if I must talk to the man, I would ask him if he really wanted to be president or if he just did it because people said he would never get elected. Because that’s just the kind of petulant toddler shenanigans Trump would pull. I wouldn’t ask him a serious policy question because he probably wouldn’t answer it, anyways 🙄
#2. What’s the oldest thing you own?
Hmm… I still have some of my old stuffed animals from when I was a kid! And my Beanie Baby (yeah… dating myself) turkey sits on my computer desk. Those are probably the oldest things I own.
#3. What is your least favorite thing about humanity?
Hahaha… yikes 😅 Well, as an American, I’m going to speak to our society. I dislike how a lot of Americans are very self-centered. As in “Well, I got mine, so why should I care about anybody else?”. That’s why the whole universal healthcare thing bothers me so much. Why wouldn’t you want to make sure that everyone has access to healthcare? I do not care if I have to pay more taxes if it helps someone who couldn’t afford to see a doctor get an appointment and, ya know, not die.
*deep breath* Let me climb down off my soapbox…
#4. What language would you like to learn and why?
Honestly, I’m gonna say Spanish. I took it in high school/college and I loved the language. Of course, once I was done with my classes, I never kept up with it and now I couldn’t string a single sentence together. I would love to actually learn it, learn it, ya know? Mostly because I think it sounds lovely and, living in the United States, it would probably come in useful, as well.
#5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
My control issues/criticalness. I like things done a certain way and I can get really critical when someone does it differently. I’m trying to be better at stepping back and realizing that, just because someone doesn’t perform a task the exact way I want them to, doesn’t mean they did a bad job. As long as the task was completed in a satisfactory manner, there’s no reason to freak out! I’m slowly learning to chill out and give up the reins every once in awhile. Still… I’m a work in progress 😅
I would like to tag/nominate the following bloggers:
- What is your favorite thing about being a book blogger?
- What are your criteria for DNFing a book? Or do you DNF at all?
- What book world (non-contemporary) do you think you would thrive in?
- What are three of your favorite tropes/themes in books?
- If you had one magical wish and could make any aspect of being a blogger easier, what would it be?
My Favorite Post(s)
I have two recent fave (and, I suppose, “best”) posts. One is the TTT where I got to talk about books within books because that is my favorite book trope/theme. Though, if I’m being true to the theme of that particular TTT, I would have to call it a “genre”.
The second is my ARC review of Raybearer because I could literally talk about that book for HOURS! I had so much fun writing that post and reliving my time in the world of Aritsar.
That was a ton of fun to do! Hopefully my ramblings are as fun to read as they were to write, lol. Thanks again to @Just_Me for the tag! And, even if I didn’t tag you, know that I appreciate everyone I’ve met so far on my blogging journey. (Also, if you feel like answering the questions, who am I to stop you?) This community is truly the best 💕