It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- Small Spaces by Katherine Arden: I just started this spooky little middle grade and I’m really enjoying it so far! Ollie is such an interesting character and her gut instinct to rescue a book speaks to my soul 😂 And it’s already pretty spooky even though I’ve only read the first five chapters. I’m ready for the real scares to begin!
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn: Yup. I’m one of those bookish people who claims to love thrillers yet has never read Gone Girl. Honestly, I have no real reason. It just kept getting pushed back on my TBR! But, now, it’s on my Trope-ical Readathon TBR, so it was time. It’s an easy read, so far. I’m completely engrossed even though I more or less know how this book ends, which is pretty impressive.
- The Black Sky by Timothy D. Minneci: This is a book that the author approached me about a few months back. It’s a dystopian tale which has pulled me in pretty quickly. There’s some weird shenanigans going on which require our protagonist to battle his way through gang-held Boston, so I’m extra interested! I can’t wait to see how it all turns out.
- The Beast and the Bethany by Jack Meggitt-Phillips: This book was so much fun! I haven’t laughed out loud because of a book in awhile, but this book produced more than one chuckle. The main characters are so terrible and so relatable all at the same time, lol. I can’t wait for my stop on the tour for #TheWriteReads!
- A Song of Wraiths and Ruin by Roseanne A. Brown: AHHHHHHH, THIS BOOK WAS SO GOOD! It was atmospheric and rich and made me feel a lot of feelings! And the descriptions of all the beautiful, brown people in here, y’all… it made my heart so happy. My review will be coming once I can make my mind put into words the love my heart has for this story.
- The Faithless Hawk by Margaret Owen: I’m doing that thing where I keep not picking up a highly anticipated book because I’m S C A R E D. I want it to be as amazing as I’m dreaming it would be and I’m scared it won’t live up to my expectations! But I’m gonna be reading this one next and I know I’m gonna love it.
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia: This is the group book for Team Mystery/Horror/Thriller for the Trope-ical Readathon. It’s also a book I’ve had my eye on for awhile. The cover is gorgeous and the fact that it’s a gothic horror novel has me eager to pick this up! It’s almost spooky season, after all 👻👻👻
What are you currently reading? Read any new favorites lately? Let me know in the comments!
And, as always, happy reading!