It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- The Dragon Republic by R.F. Kuang: The sequel to The Poppy War, which put me in such a massive book hangover last month that I couldn’t even get into this one! I’m eager to continue Rin’s story, but my brain apparently needed to fully digest the first book first. Thankfully, my reading has picked back up and I think I’m ready to go back in. Now I’m nervous that this book will cause another book hangover 😅
- Rebecca by Daphne de Maurier: Look at me reading a classic and actually enjoying it! I’m reading this “classic tale of romantic suspense” for a book club and I think they are part of the reason I’m liking it so much. Our conversations about this book are so much fun and, frankly, hilarious 😂 Still, I can admit that I’m liking the writing style, even if I want to fight half the characters. I’m looking forward to this getting steadily more creepy!
- Shadows of Winterspell by Amy Wilson: Y’aaaalllll, this book is so whimsical, I love it! This is the Middle Grade Monthly pick for November and it is such a delight. I find it hard to stop myself after reading the section for the week, lol. I mean, I know I could keep reading, but I have a bad habit of immediately yeeting book information from my brain once I finish it. I’m trying to stick to the schedule so I can actually participate in the chats! This is definitely one of my favorite picks, though, and I never would have heard of it if it weren’t for this book club 💖
- Blood & Honey by Shelby Mahurin: I finally got a library card for our new local library (we moved in the middle of lockdown, so I couldn’t go and pick one up as soon as we were settled) and I picked up my first hold the other day! I was interested in reading this book as I enjoyed the first one, Serpent & Dove, but not enough for me to actually purchase it. So I’m glad I was able to borrow it and give it a shot. So far, I kind of want to slap every. single. character. Or shake them so they will stop being RIDICULOUS! But I am enjoying myself so… *shrug*
- No Truth Left to Tell by Michael McAuliffe: This is one of the books that had been on my Currently Reading shelf the longest. The sense of accomplishment I felt when I finally finished it was immense! It wasn’t like it was a long book or even a bad one… it was just in a genre that I’m slowly learning is not my cup of tea. Still, I enjoyed the plot and I thought the end packed a punch. You can read my full review HERE.
- Dragon Pearl by Yoon Ha Lee: This was the Middle Grade Monthly pick for October which I, unfortunately, didn’t finish until November 😅 Book hangovers are no joke, y’all! Once I shook off the funk and dived back in, though, I practically flew through this book! It was so good! I was rooting for Min from beginning to end and I loved watching her on her journey. I’m a little sad this is a standalone because I would love to follow Min on all of her adventures!
- The Black Sky by Timothy D. Minneci: This was the other book that was on my Currently Reading list for an embarrassingly long time, heh. Though I ended up enjoying it, I think it suffered from the same thing as No Truth Left to Tell… it wasn’t my cup of tea. I mean, it is sci-fi, but it has a more militaristic leaning that, while interesting, kind of turned me off. I dunno… I’m still compiling my thoughts on this one.
- White Fox by Sara Faring: In an attempt to work on my Netgalley shelf (😬), I want to pick up this creepy sounding book soon. I wanted to read it during spooky season, but time just got away from me. It sounds properly frightening, though, and I’m looking forward to finally picking it up! A missing mom, a mysterious island, strange clues hidden in screenplay… it promises to be an interesting ride.
- The Cousins by Karen M. McManus: Ooooohhhh yeeeaaaaah, it’s time for another #TheWriteReads tour! And this time it’s for one of my most anticipated books of the year! Karen M. McManus is swiftly becoming one of my favorite thriller authors. I’ve heard nothing but good things during this tour, so far, so I’m extra excited to read this one!
That’s it for another WWW Wednesday! What have you read recently? What are some books up next on your TBR? Let me know in the comments!
And, as always, happy reading!