Today, I’ll be doing my post for The Blogger Recognition Award! I was lucky enough to be nominated by the wonderful Danni @ _ForBooksSake. Her blog is incredible, especially if you’re into thrillers and true crime. Even if you aren’t, you’ll find something to love on Danni’s blog! You should definitely go give her a follow 💖
I’m not sure who originally started this award/tag, so if any of you lovely people know, drop a comment so I can acknowledge them, as well!
- Thank the blogger/s who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select up to 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment (or pingback) on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How My Blog Started:
It was mostly a whim! And my blog had a bit of a stutter start, to be honest. I made my first post in August of 2019, I believe? And then I didn’t really update again until November, lol. I don’t know what took me so long to really commit to the idea of my book blog. Probably nerves that people would find it and, ya know, actually read words that I wrote.
Once I got over the nerves, though, my blog became a place where I could truly sink into my love of books. I’ve always been a book lover, a reader, someone who would live in a library if it were feasible. But I’ve never really had a space where I felt comfortable droning on and on about books and why I loved them. My friends love me, but I’m sure they would have gotten bored after awhile 😂 So, when I actively started using my blog and I started to discover the online bookish community, I knew I had made the right choice to give this whole blogging thing a chance. Almost two years later and I’m firmly entrenched now. Y’all are stuck with me!
My Advice for New Bloggers:
- Make your blog what you want it to be! Try not to compare yourself to other bloggers, especially people who have been doing this for awhile. If you want to do wrap ups, awesome! If you don’t want to do wrap ups, cool! You want to make your blog a space that you enjoy coming back to and updating, not a chore, so do what feels right and what fits in your schedule. You will find your audience just by being you, trust me.
- Blog tours are some of my favorite posts to write and a lot of fun to join! BUT… try not to overcommit yourself. It can lead to burnout and your blog (and will to read…) will suffer for it. Unless you thrive on chaos, of course.
- Erika @ And On She Reads
- Sammie @ The Bookwyrm Den
- Fiona @ Fi’s Bibliofiles
- Jenny @ JenJen Reviews
- Ellie R @ Read to Ramble
- Azeezat @ The Euphoric Zat
- Kimberly @ My Bookish Bliss
- Haadu @ Her Bookish Obsession
- Gina @ Gina Rae Mitchell
- Esther @ Cozy With Books
- Ellie H @ Elspells
- Louise @ Lou’s Book Stuff
- Hannah @ Hannah’s Book Club
- Livy @ Shelves of Starlight
- Becky @ Becky’s Book Blog
If I could tag more than 15 bloggers, I would! There are so many fantastic, bookish people out there who have helped support my blog and run fabulous ones of their own and I appreciate all of you so much 💕