It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- Journey to the Heart of the Abyss by London Shah: I’m reading this one for a book tour hosted by TBR & Beyond Tours and I’m currently loving it! I recently finished the first book in this duology, The Light at the Bottom of the World, and was blown away by how much I loved it. It’s a fast-paced and intriguing book and the sequel is certainly living up to that. Also, the way this author describes the underwater world in which this book takes place is just *chef’s kiss*
- The October Man by Ben Aaronovitch: This is another novella in the Rivers of London series and, so far, I’m having a great time! I wasn’t sure how I would feel reading a book that doesn’t focus on Peter and the Folly. I have to say, though, it’s exciting to see how their German equivalents work. And I really like Tobias. Not as much as Peter, but it’s close!
- Little Thieves by Margaret Owen: I recently finished this for another TBR & Beyond Tours book tour and it’s hard to describe how much I loved it! I knew I was a fan of Margaret Owen’s writing, but now she is firmly on the “favorite authors” list. I adored everything about this story, from the dark, fairytale vibes to the sarcastic gremlin girl that is Vanja. I would legit fight people for Vanja. Which makes me extra stoked that the sequel was just announced and will be out next year! You can read my full review here.
- A Spindle Splintered by Alix E. Harrow: I randomly picked this one up at the library the other day. I knew two things about it: that it’s what would happen if Sleeping Beauty was Into the Spider-versed and it’s written by Alix E. Harrow. I had read exactly one (1) book by this author previously and fell in love with her writing. If the amount of quotes I pulled from this read is any indication, I still love it! This was such an excellent novella that got under my skin and made me believe in the magic of this world. I can’t wait to continue this series!
- Skin of the Sea by Natasha Bowen: I’m reading this one for yet another TBR & Beyond Tours book tour! I’m also reading it because I read the synopsis, saw the cover, and was immediately in. It’s a fantasy starring a Black mermaid! I kind of need it! I’m so excited to give this one a go and you’ll be able to read my full thoughts at the beginning of November.
- Ring Shout by P. Djèlí Clark: This was another random library find and I can’t wait to read it! I’ve heard so many great things about this novella. It has such an interesting premise, where the KKK is populated with actual, scary movie monsters. Which, ya know, makes sense. I’ve been wanting to read something by this author, as well, so I think this short book will be a great place to start.