It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- You’ll Be the Death of Me by Karen M. McManus: When The Write Reads sent out tour sign-ups for the newest McManus book, you know I jumped all over that! I’ve loved every thriller she’s ever written and, so far, I’m loving this one, as well. She has a way of building her characters where I connect with them almost immediately, even if I don’t particularly like them. And I’m already curious about what is going on in this more murder-y take of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern: I’m re-reading this for the book-club-that-isn’t-a-book club and, y’all, I forgot how much I love this book. I mean, I knew it’s one of my favorites. It was so good that I added Erin Morgenstern to my “favorite authors” list on the strength of this book alone. But I forgot just how incredible and immersive this story is! I’m falling in love all over again and I ain’t mad about it.
- Skin of the Sea by Natasha Bowen: Y’all, this book promised Black mermaids and it more than delivered! This was a beautiful read that had a bit of a slow start, but ended up being incredible. I loved all the West African folklore and mythology that was woven into this tale. And I especially loved our main character, Simi! You can read my full review here.
- Ring Shout by P. Djèlí Clark: I just finished this book yesterday and it was such a fast-paced, intense ride! For such a short book, it packs a large punch. It touches on some pretty intense topics, as well, and it doesn’t shy away from showing the ugliness of racism. I was completely wrapped up in this story and now want to read more from this author!
- Lies Sleeping by Ben Aaronovitch: I’ve been loving the Rivers of London series, so I’m kind of sad that we’re getting close to the end. Or, not the end, but the last of the released books! I don’t know how well I’m going to do with having to actual wait for the next one 😂 In this one, we’re back with Peter and, after the events of The Hanging Tree, I’m sure things are about to get intense. I can’t wait to see where the story heads.
- BBNYA finalist #2: Ooo, super secret book! I’m currently in the middle of my first Book Bloggers’ Novel of the Year Award finalist book and I’m really enjoying myself. But I definitely need to get cracking on the others soon since our votes are due in at the beginning of December! If the other books I need to read are anywhere near as good as the one I’m reading now, this is going to be a tough competition! If you’d like to learn more about BBNYA, click the link here.
2 thoughts on “WWW Wednesday: Nov 10, 2021”
I hope you enjoy Lies Sleeping. I didn’t enjoy the last book I read in the series as much as the others. it seemed a bit like all of the others to me. My WWW post is here https://devoil.wordpress.com/2021/11/10/www-wednesday-10th-november/
LikeLiked by 1 person
So far I’m really liking Lies Sleeping! I’m hoping I like the last one, as well.
LikeLiked by 1 person