It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- Lies Sleeping by Ben Aaronovitch: I’m deep into the Rivers of London series and am still loving it! It’s taking me forever to read this one, though. It’s definitely not the book’s fault. I’m loving this chapter in the life of Peter Grant. There’s a lot in this book that really shows how much he has grown as a character! I’m just in a weird reading funk.
- BBNYA Finalist #1: Probably because I am still reading my first book for the last round of BBNYA! And it’s not like it’s a bad book. I’m actually really enjoying it! I think I’m reaching another e-book burnout (it happens periodically) but I’m trying to push through. So far, though, it’s an incredible story. I can’t tell you much more than that for now!
- You’ll Be the Death of Me by Karen M. McManus: Y’all, when I tell you Karen M. McManus writes nothing but gold, I mean that. This was yet another incredible read from one of my favorite authors! Does it match how much I loved my first McManus, One of Us is Lying? Not quite but it was very close! I’m on a blog tour for this one, so I won’t say more, but know it was *chef’s kiss*
- Lore Olympus Vol I by Rachel Smythe: I’m all caught up on the Lore Olympus and, I love it so much, I couldn’t resist owning a physical copy! Re-reading these first few chapters was just as stunning as the first go around. Stunning and anxiety inducing. If ya know, ya know. I can’t wait to get more volumes in my hands!
Honestly? This weird funk is making it real hard for me to decide on what to read next. There are plenty I should be reading. Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo comes to mind. This was the choice for the series book club I’m in and I just can’t seem to motivate myself to start re-reading it. I should start reading my last two BBNYA finalists, as well! I really need to get my reading mojo back because all three of those are due before December 10th… yeah 😬
Any suggestions to get someone out of a reading slump quickly? My TBR and I would greatly appreciate it!