It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- Revenge of the Beast by Jack Meggitt-Phillips: This is the sequel to one of the funniest middle grade books I read in 2020! I’m reading it for my first The Write Reads tour of 2022 and I’m so excited to participate. So far, this is just as tongue-in-cheek and engaging as the first book. I’ve only read a couple chapter, but I’m loving it!
- Frostheart by Jamie Littler: I’ve been wanting to read this middle grade novel for ages! Winter seems like the perfect time to do it, as well. This is the January pick for Middle Grade Marvels. I love discussing middle grade novels with this group and I’ve found some new favorites because of them! I’ve just started this one, too, and, so far, I’m having a great time.
- These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong: I started my 2022 reading year off with a bang! My first read and it was an easy five stars. I loved this book! The atmosphere, the characters, the writing… everything melded together to make an absolutely incredible read. The monster made my skin crawl, too, which is a sign that I was really into the story! Stayed tuned for my review. I will try to make it coherent 😂
- The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood: I buddy read this with a couple of bookish friends and, omg, it was so CUTE. I loved that we were following a couple of nerdy scientists. I loved Adam and his stoic patience. I loved Olive and her big heart (though girl needs to learn how to be honest). I tolerated her BFF. And we really didn’t need so many descriptions of how large Adam was in comparison to Olive (we get it… he’s a tall, fit dude). But, overall, I had a lot of fun with this one!
- False Values by Ben Aaronovitch: The Rivers of London readalong continues into the new year! We are on book eight of the series which I’m super excited to read. We’ve just moved on from a prevalent plot that has been woven throughout the other stories and I want to see where we go from here. Also, I kind of miss Peter and the gang!
- Battle Royal by Lucy Parker: This is one of the recommendations I got for my 12 recs challenge. I spotted it at the library and figured, “Why not?” I remember when this cover was revealed and all I could think was that the guy had a very punchable face 😂 I’ve heard great things about it, though, so I’m eager to give it a shot. Besides, I’ve been craving romances lately. Which, if you’ve been following me for any amount of time, you’ll know how odd that is for me. I’m gonna ride this wave, though, and see where it takes me.