It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- Local Woman Missing by Mary Kubica: This will be my second read for the Magical Readathon and I’m glad I picked it as my quick read! I am flying through this thriller and having a great time while doing it. Do I sometimes want to shake some of the POV characters? Yes. Very much so. Kate. But the fact that I’m so invested tells me I’m really enjoying myself. I was thrown off by the use of the r-word near the beginning by a pretty terrible person. I get that this person is the type that would throw that slur around… but we couldn’t find something else to demonstrate they’re awful? In 2021? I dunno, I’m probably being overly sensitive. That aside, I’m having a great time with this read!
- Dread Wood by Jennifer Killick: I’m not going to talk too much about this one because I have a blog tour post going up for it tomorrow. The Write Reads tour group has a way of picking middle grade novels that are just spectacular! This creepy middle grade horror was such a fun read. I mean… maybe not if you have arachnophobia, but I had a great time 😆 Check back tomorrow to hear my full thoughts!
- The Hill We Climb by Amanda Gorman: This was my first read for the Magical Readathon. What a way to kick off the month! This was a truly magnificent poem, in both spoken and written form. I was a little worried it wouldn’t hit as hard when it was words on a page, but it was just as compelling and inspiring! I still prefer watching Amanda Gorman perform this poem, of course, it brings back a lot of great feelings. That being said, I loved reading it and it got an easy five stars.
- May Day by Josie Jaffrey: I’m reading this book for an upcoming BBNYA finalist blog tour post. It won first prize last year, so I’m excited to get to it! I was wondering how I could fit it onto my Magical Readathon when I was lucky enough to claim a spot on a quest. The quest requires me to read a book with a building on the cover and this fits the bill perfectly! I’ve been promised murder and vampires and an overall good time, so I’m eager to dive in.
- The Flatshare by Beth O’Leary: This is yet another one of my Magical Readathon reads and one I’m really looking forward to picking up. Every time I mention this book, someone tells me it’s one of their favorites, and that has me pumped to read it! It’s also due back to the library soon, so I gotta pick it up sooner rather than later 😂 Let’s see if this romance can help me determine what I like and don’t like in the genre.
6 thoughts on “WWW Wednesday: Apr 6, 2022”
Really glad that you enjoyed Dread Wood. It’s a fantastic MG trilogy. I hope you enjoy The Flatshare, it is so good.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m excited to continue the Dread Wood series! Thank you 😊
I LOVED THE FLATSHARE! It was so cute.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes it was! Tiffy + Leon deserves the world!
I loved May Day AND The Flatshare so IMO you have some *very exciting* reads coming up soon! 😃 I hope you enjoy both books as much as I did. Happy reading, Kerri!