It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin: Yup, I am finally reading The Fifth Season. And I am already kicking myself for taking so long to pick this up. This is so freakin’ good, so far! It’s brutal, but so well-written and engaging and captivating. Every time I pick it up before bed, I end up staying up way too late because I just don’t want to put it down! I was really nervous I wasn’t going to like this book after hyping it so much in my head. I’m glad the hype train didn’t lie to me. This is just as good, if not better, than everyone has said!
- Piranesi by Susanna Clarke: This book is WEIRD AF and I LOVE IT! I’m reading it as part of a book-club-that’s-not-a-book-club and I feel like we’re all equally confused and enthralled. I love the discussions because someone invariably picks up on something I didn’t and that makes me think about what we’ve read in a whole new light. My takeaways right now are I adore Piranesi, the Other can choke, and I want to visit the House.