It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- The Knave of Secrets by Alex Livingston: I’ve barely scratched the surface of this novel and I already know I’m going to love it. I already love Valen and his crew and want to know more about this world! The magic system and the various different games that seem to play a major part in this world have definitely piqued my interest. This seems like it’s going to be a quick read and I’m eager to get more into it.
- Where the Drowned Girls Go by Seanan McGuire: I’m halfway through this book and I’m loving it! Cora is one of the characters in the Wayward Children series that I’ve grown attached to. She’s gone through a lot and come out the other side a strong person. To see her have to face old demons at a new school makes me want to fight everyone, but it’s great to watch her not lose herself in the face of terrible odds. Also, I love the randomness that is Sumi 😂 I dunno if this is going to be a new favorite in this series, but it is going to be high on the list!
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller: I did it, y’all. I finally read The Song of Achilles! And, as I thought I would, I adored it. I know the myth of Achilles and Patroclus. I know how it ends. And yet this book still gutted me at the end. It’s a beautifully told love story that made me feel so many feelings. The writing was gorgeous, the characters shined from the page, and, even knowing where the story was leading, I still found myself eagerly eating up the pages to find out what happens next. Madeline Miller has a way of telling a story that is just incredibly tantalizing! I’m officially a fan.
- Piranesi by Susanna Clarke: From one beautifully written story to the next! I’ve been eager to read this book since it came out because it just sounded weird. It was certainly that, but it was also so much more! The writing pulls you into the strange world that Clarke has created and makes you want to take up residence. I want to explore the House with Piranesi and learn about the Tides and all the secrets hidden within. I loved the tension in this story, the way it’s set up as a series of journal entries, and just the surreal quality of the entire thing. I definitely want to read more from this author!
- The Merciless Ones by Namina Forna: I’m excited that I was chosen to participate in a blog tour for this book since it’s one of my most anticipated reads of 2022! I loved The Gilded Ones, the first book in this series, and I’m hoping this one wows me just as much. If it’s as cinematic and breathtaking as the first book, I know I’m gonna enjoy the ride.
- Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert: I really need to start catching up on some of my yearly TBRs. With that in mind, I want to pick this up as it is on my “12 friends, 12 recommendations” list. Also, I’m hyped for this last book in the Brown Sisters series. As a youngest child, I feel like I’ll connect with youngest sibling Eve the most. And it’s grumpy/sunshine! One of my favorite tropes! I’m so excited to give this one a read.