It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid: Not gonna lie, I only picked this book because it’s a book of the month pick for one of my Goodreads groups. Nothing about the synopsis really appealed to me because it sounded like it was just going to be a story of rich people making terrible decisions. Which… it kind of is, but it’s more so a story about family and familial bonds. And I’m kind of loving it!
- Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert: I started this book yesterday and stayed up way too late because I did not want to stop! I loved the other books in the Brown Sisters series, but this book? This book is top-tier, chef’s kiss, cannot be beat. Eve and Jacob? Jacob and Eve?! I adore them so much and I want nothing but wonderful things for these precious beans. I’m currently deep enough into the book that I am dreading the probable third act breakup because why can’t they just be happy?! I mean… I know they will be in the end, but why can’t they be noooow 😭
- Juniper & Thorn by Ava Reid: Ahhh, this book. This was a pretty intense, atmospheric gothic horror that was beautifully written. But I ended up feeling pretty meh about it? Which bummed me out because the premise was just so good! Definitely check trigger warnings for this one because Ava Reid does not shy away from some pretty horrific topics. And, yet, with all this horror, the plot/pacing left me bored quite often. You can read all my thoughts here.
- Dumb Witness by Agatha Christie: This just may be my favorite Poirot novel so far! And half of the reason is that the narrator had to do the part of a dog and just nailed it 😂 It’s also because our beloved Hastings is back, being his usually upright, slightly daft self. This was such a quick and fun mystery that wrapped in a way I halfway guessed, but still managed to surprise me. And there was a dog, so I was extra happy!
- The Neverending Story by Michael Ende: I’m reading this book for a challenge and because it’s been on my TBR forever. At least, it feels like forever! I’ve wanted to read this ever since I learned that the movie I loved so much as a kid was based on a book. Which took… an embarrassingly long amount of time to learn. I’m eager to see how different or similar the source material is to the movie that I hold dear and which I’ll enjoy more.
- These Fleeting Shadows by Kate Alice Marshall: I joined a book tour for this being run by TBR & Beyond Tours on the strength of the cover alone, haha. I saw it and instantly knew I wanted to read this book. It’s a young adult horror that is compared to The Haunting of Hill House and Knives Out in the blurb, which made me even more eager to pick it up! I’m eager to jump into this spooky sounding story.