It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- Fledgling by Octavia E. Butler: I’m slowly, but surely, making my way through this one, haha. It’s not a bad book! The writing is quite good and I love the characters that Octavia E. Butler has created. I’m just so bored. And I can’t even put my finger on why! There’s so much going on. There are secrets and murder and vampire courtroom proceedings… and I just don’t care about any of it. I’m really beginning to wonder if it’s the narrator’s sleepy tone that’s the cause because, with all this action and drama, you’d think I’d be riveted! Sigh… perhaps the ending will blow my mind.
- Hag of the Hills by J.T.T. Ryder: I’m reading this for a blog tour and, so far, I’m certainly intrigued. I’ve only just begun, so I haven’t gotten far into the story, but the setting is interesting and I feel like this is going to get magical fairly quickly. I’m stoked to be reading another fantasy centered around Celtic mythology! Here’s hoping I have a good time with this one.
- Spy x Family Vol 1 by Tatsuya Endo: I picked up the first volume of this manga at my local library because I’ve been seeing it everywhere. I read it… and then immediately binge-watched the anime because I NEEDED MORE! Now I’m going to need every issue of the manga I can get my hands on because I am officially obsessed. This is such a cute story/show! It’s the story of a spy who is tasked with a mission that requires him to get a family. He ends up adopting a little girl (who happens to be a telepath) and marrying some random woman he meets (who happens to be a deadly assassin). You want found family? This is that trope done to perfection! And the characters are so easy to love, especially little Anya. It’s funny and cute and I’m glad I gave in and checked it out!
- These Fleeting Shadows by Kate Alice Marshall: What a mindf*** of a book! This is the kind of gothic story where you think you have it figured out halfway and then the author laughs as they pull the rug out from under you. It was creepy and foreboding and beautiful and sapphic. In short, I loved this one a lot! I’m not going to go into too much detail as I have a blog tour post coming up for this book. Check back tomorrow to read my full thoughts!
- Bunnicula by Deborah and James Howe: I really need to get a start on my Magical Readathon TBR, so I figured I’d start with a quick one. Besides, I’m eager to give this book a re-read! It was one of my favorite series as a kid and I can’t wait to see how it holds up. I mean, who doesn’t want to read about a vampire bunny??
- The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes: This is another book on one of my multiple TBRs and one I’ve been wanting to read since it came out! I truly enjoyed the first book in this YA thriller series, The Inheritance Games, so I’m looking forward to continuing the story. I need to pick this one up soon anyways as it’s due back to the library soon!