It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- With Fire In Their Blood by Kat Delacorte: I’ve been slowly picking my way through this twisty, gothic tale for awhile and, so far, loving every minute of it. The only reason it’s taking me so long to finish this book is because my life was chaos in August and I kept focusing on readathon books 😅 But, trust me, this is a a dark and fascinating book that definitely makes me want to continue. And once I finish, there will definitely be a review!
- Bunnicula by Deborah and James Howe: Speaking of readathon books, I’m loving my re-read of this children’s book as part of my Magical Readathon TBR! I loved this series when I was a kid and I can totally see why. It’s silly and cute and the narrator is a dog. It was made for little me to absolutely love it. Suffice it to say, the re-read is going splendidly.
- Spy x Family Vol 4 by Tatsuya Endo: I am slowly reading through this manga series. It’s not because I don’t like it. It’s because I want to savor every volume and I don’t want it to end! This is such a cute series and now that Bond has made an appearance, it’s even better. This volume was especially cute and nonsensical and I can’t wait to continue. The Forger family deserves the world!
- The Bone Shard Daughter by Andrea Stewart: What an incredible start to a series! The world-building, the atmosphere, the characters! Andrea Stewart does an amazing job of building a fantasy world that is bright and easily imagined, peopled with characters that you can’t help but love. Lin and Jovis are such interesting and nuanced characters, though you know my fave has to be Mephi. More Mephi all the time, pleeeease! There’s a lot going on throughout this story and it ends in a way that leaves some big questions. I’m looking forward to continuing with the series.
- It Looks Like Us by Alison Ames: I’m participating in the TBR & Beyond Tours book tour for this one because it sounds like a creepy good time! It involves isolation and possible body-snatching and I’m here for it. I’m hoping to pick this one up soon to ward off the inevitable post-readathon reading slow down, haha.
- Well Played by Jen DeLuca: I really need to get cracking on my 22 in 2022 stack o’ books and this is the one that’s calling to me right now. I loved Well Met and am ready to go back to the quaint little world that Jen DeLuca created. Also, I’m ready for some Renaissance Faire vibes. It is almost September and I always associate this time of year with faire time.