It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- The Midnight Guardians by Ross Montgomery: I’m reading this book with the Middle Grade Marvels group and, so far, I’m loving it! It’s an interesting and surprisingly intense read. I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised that it delves into some darker topics as it is set during WWII. I’m loving our main character, Col, and I’m excited to continue with his story!
- Stillhouse Lake by Rachel Caine: Speaking of intense, this book is making me uncomfortable with the stuff that’s going down. But in a good way, I guess? Because I’m absolutely enthralled by what is going on in this book! I also want to fight people for Gwen because why can’t she just live?!? UGH! Sorry… I’m getting far too worked up over a fictional character 😂
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury: I’m so glad I finally read this classic because it was a great book! Shout out to Tim Robbins, who narrated the audiobook and made the entire experience that much more exciting. This was a strange little book that had me absolutely wrapped up in the story. I loved the messages interwoven in this story, though the writing itself could be a little overwrought at times. Still, I had a great time with this one!
- The Girl from the Sea by Molly Knox Ostertag: I spotted this graphic novel at our local library and picked it up because the cover was so pretty. I’m glad I did because, as the cover promised, the art throughout was gorgeous and the story was so freakin’ sweet. This is a sapphic story that tackles issues of identity, trying to fit yourself into boxes, and even a bit of environmentalism. It was a quick, wonderful read that left me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.
- Chef’s Kiss by Jarrett Melendez: Speaking of random graphic novels I’ve picked up cause I liked the cover… Look, I have a problem. Also, in my defense, I’ve heard great things about this graphic novel. Do I have other books I should be reading? Yes. Will I probably pick this up first? …Also yes. I dunno, graphic novels and manga are just calling to me recently!
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: That’s right, y’all. I’m going to finally start the Illuminae Files series! This book was picked for me off of my TBR and I can’t say I’m mad about it. I’ve been meaning to read this book for ages. Now I have to read it, which is basically the only way to get me to read backlist books these days apparently 😂 I’m looking forward to reading this one!