It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- It Looks Like Us by Alison Ames: Holy $#^!, this book is freaky! And it dumps you right into the frights, too! I’m loving how intense and strange this story is, so far, and I may have stayed up way too late last night because I needed to know what happened next. This is a young adult horror that is set in Antarctica where a group of teens are tasked with helping collect ice samples. Of course, that all goes horribly wrong when a monster finds its way to them. The setting and the monster combine in a way that makes it truly spooky and this author knows how to write a creepy scene. I can’t wait to continue!
- Unravel the Dusk by Elizabeth Lim: I’m finally finishing the Blood of the Stars duology! I read Spin the Dawn forever ago and truly enjoyed it. Now it’s time to complete the series by finishing this one. So far, the writing is just as good as the first book. I’m excited to pick up Maia’s story where it left off and it certainly starts off in an exciting, if dangerous, way! Looking forward to finishing this one up this week.
- Stillhouse Lake by Rachel Caine: Okay, I’m officially obsessed with the Stillhouse Lake series. Look, I know I’ve only read one book, but that book blew me out of the water! Pun definitely intended 😂 I adore Gwen, our main character, and how incredibly strong and smart she is. She is a fantastic character that has so many layers to her and her actions. I’m glad we spend the book in her head because it made the experience feel more urgent and real. I loved this so much, I immediately downloaded the next audiobook in the series. I’m trying to make sure I read the books I need to read before jumping in… but it’s tough!
- Chef’s Kiss by Jarrett Melendez: Let me tell you how me reading this adorable graphic novel went. I was in bed, cuddle under the blankets, with my black cat, Felicia, curled up next to me and I would stop every few pages to squeal at her about some cute thing that had just happened. She was so annoyed with me, lol. But I couldn’t help it because this graphic novel was SO STINKIN’ CUTE! The art was ‘wow’, the colors were fantastic, and the story had my heart all aflutter. I’m a little sad this is a library book because I need this on my shelves. Time for a visit to the bookstore 📚
- Soul of the Deep by Natasha Bowen: This is the sequel to Skin of the Sea and I’m lucky enough to be on the book tour for it that is being hosted by TBR & Beyond Tours! After how the first book left off, I’ve been eager to get this book in my hands. I loved the vivid world-building in the first story and the incredible characters that Bowen created. Now I’m ready to dive back in and see what they get themselves into next!