It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- This is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar & Max Gladstone: I picked this book up because I needed a quick read involving time travel. Now I’m mad that I never thought to read this book before because, y’all, it has me in a chokehold. I need Blue and Red to meet each other and run away together immediately. The tension! The banter! The weirdly hidden missives! Also the audiobook is *chef’s kiss* A++.
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: I have literally only read a few pages so I can’t give you a firm grasp of whether or not I’m liking it. I will say that I’m loving the format! I always forget how much I love mixed media format until I pick up a mixed media book. Again, I haven’t read enough to give a true update of how I feel about it, but I’m getting good vibes so far.
- It Looks Like Us by Alison Ames: I read this young adult horror for a blog tour hosted by TBR & Beyond Tours and it was a wild time! If you like the movie The Thing, you’re gonna love this book. It was fast-paced, creepy, and gross as hell 😂 I had a great time reading it! You can read my full review here.
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card: I just finished this today and it was an incredible read! Though there were moments where I found my interest waning, most of this book had me hooked. I loved the concept, the execution, and the characters made this book a definite win. This was another audiobook read and I think that definitely added to my enjoyment. The narrators were incredible!
- The Legend of Black Jack by A.R. Witham: I need to get started on this book for another blog tour, this time hosted by The Write Reads. This is a young adult fantasy that sounds like I’m gonna love! It has magic and romance and fates intertwining or so the synopsis seems to suggest. All I know is that I’m very intrigued and ready to dive in!
3 thoughts on “WWW Wednesday: Sep 21, 2022”
You’ve convinced me that I need to give This Is How You Lose a Time War a chance!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’ve been meaning to read Time War for what feels like forever now and I’m ashamed that I haven’t read it yet. I really need to get on it, especially because you’ve made it sound extra good! 😍 I hope you continue enjoying Illuminae. I love the mixed media format so much. Happy reading, Kerri!
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] / Julie / Yolanda / Kerri / […]