It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- Daisy Darker by Alice Feeney: I’m reading this with a group of bookish friends. I think the general consensus is that we don’t trust anyone and are loving it! I absolutely loved how much this feels like And Then There Were None. The atmosphere is top-notch, the writing has sucked me in, and I’m finding it hard to stick to the book club reading schedule 😂 It helps that I have so many other books on the go, at the moment. Still, I can’t wait to continue!
- The Hatmakers by Tamzin Merchant: I’m reading this cute middle grade with the Middle Grade Marvels group and I’m having a blast. This is such a fun and unique story, so far. I love the Hatmakers, Cordelia most of all. She’s feisty and smart and ambitious. I’m also loving the illustrations inside the book. I think this will continue to be a great read!
- Highly Suspicious and Unfairly Cute by Talia Hibbert: This was my first read of 2023 and, with it, I have cemented Talia Hibbert as one of my favorite authors! Her brand of humor works for me so well and the way she writes romantic pining is just unparalleled. I mean, I am a romance newbie, but it is definitely my flavor! This is her first YA romance and it was just as stunning as her adult romances I’ve read. You can read my full review here!
- The Garden by Tomi Champion-Adeyemi: My second read of the year was… less successful. I’ve been meaning to read the short stories in Amazon’s most recent (I think?) Original Stories collection because it features a lot of authors I enjoy. I decided to start with a new to me author, though, and this was fine. I liked the premise, I liked that it switched between verse and prose, and I liked the promise. Unfortunately, it didn’t quite deliver for me. The characters were flat and the ending was so unsatisfying! Still, I know I probably would have loved this if it had been longer, so I settled with three stars.
- Good Girl, Bad Blood by Holly Jackson: I’m doing a series catch up with a few friends for the A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder series, which I’ve been meaning to complete for awhile. I’m not re-reading the first book (I just don’t have the time!) but I do have the second book ready to go. I’m hoping it captivates me as much as the first one did!
- Slappy, Beware! by R.L. Stine: It’s time for a big ol’ hit of nostalgia and to cross off my first read from my 12 friends, 12 recommendations TBR! I’m honestly not sure what to expect from this one beyond a good time. I only read a couple Goosebumps books when I was a kid and none of the Slappy series. Still, I was a huge fan of R.L. Stine’s other series, Fear Street, so I’m looking forward to giving this a try.
4 thoughts on “WWW Wednesday: Jan 11, 2022”
GGBB was my favourite in the series and I hope you enjoy it! 😍 The Hatmakers sounds really cute and I hope you continue to enjoy it with the rest of the Middle Grade Marvels group. Happy reading, Kerri!
LikeLiked by 1 person
The Hatmakers looks fun!
LikeLiked by 1 person
So far, I’m really loving it!