It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- Good Girl, Bad Blood by Holly Jackson: I’m finally continuing with the A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder series! So far, I’m enjoying the second book. I can tell it’s going to pull me in just as easily as the first book did. I had to set it aside to get some tour books read, but I’m eager to pick it back up! I’m only a few chapters in and things are already getting intense. I’m excited to see where this new story goes.
- Slappy, Beware by R.L. Stine: I’ve finally picked up my first read off of my 12 friends, 12 recommendations TBR! I have all the books on that list in a TBR jar and this was the lucky one I drew out for January. I’m only a couple of chapters in, but the nostalgia is already hitting hard, haha. I was a big fan of R.L. Stine when I was a kid and this is bringing back memories! I don’t think I ever read any of the Slappy books (because evil puppets freak me out…) so it’ll be interesting to see how I like this one compared to the other Goosebumps books I’ve read.
- Unanimity by Alexandra Almeida: I read this book for a blog tour hosted by The Write Reads. It was a fascinating sci-fi that admittedly had me quite confused in the first half, haha. Once I got into it, though, I was hooked by the world and the themes. You can read my full review here.
- The Hatmakers by Tamzin Merchant: This books was so freakin’ cute! This was the Middle Grade Marvels pick for January and I absolutely loved it! It’s fun and adventurous, while also being packed with excellent lessons for young readers. The magic is intriguing, the characters are easy to love, and the pacing makes it hard to put the book down. I had such a great time reading this and now I’m eager to pick up the sequel!
- Sacrifice by Vicky Walklate: It’s almost time for all the BBNYA finalist blog tours! This book will be my first read for the various tours and I’m happy to join in. As a panelist, I didn’t get to read this one, but I do recall thinking it sounded like something I would love. There are dragon gods and magic and ✨adventure✨. I’m ready to give it a go.
- Tread of Angels by Rebecca Roanhorse: I randomly picked this book up at the library when I was there to get the one book I had on hold. I’m a big fan of Rebecca Roanhorse’s writing and I figured this could tide me over until the next book in the Between Earth and Sky series to come out, haha. Besides, I need to get this read before I have to return it to the library!