It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- Sacrifice by Vicky Walklate: I’m reading this to kick off the blog tours for the finalists of last year’s Book Bloggers’ Novel of the Year Award! I didn’t get to read this one as a panelist, so I was excited to sign up for the tour to get a chance to pick it up. So far, it’s definitely captured my interest! I’m liking the worldbuilding and the characters and I’m eager to read more.
- Finlay Donovan is Killing It by Elle Cosimano: I picked this up on a whim because it became available on Scribd. And also because I’ve been hearing about this series everywhere. Having listened to the first few chapters, I can see why this is so popular! This is such a fun read for a book that is basically about murder. The narrator is also doing an incredible job which is making the experience that much more enjoyable.
- Delicious Monsters by Liselle Sambury: I read this book for a blog tour hosted by Hear Our Voices Tours and it blew my mind. It was eerie and frightening and heavy and I loved every moment of it! Well… there were a couple of moments that legitimately made me squirm, but that’s the mark of a good horror novel, right? This is so well-written and beautifully realized, though definitely check trigger warnings before going into it. It deals with some heavy and horrible topics and it does not shy away from them. You can read my full review here.
- Delilah Green Doesn’t Care by Ashley Herring Blake: I went into this book ready for a cute, fluffy romance. I came out wanting to give both Delilah and Claire, our two heroines, a giant hug 😭 This was an incredible romance that had me all in my feelings. I didn’t outright cry, but I definitely teared up. I loved how much we get of each of these characters and how natural their attraction comes across on the page. This was cute, but it was also so much more.
- A Marvellous Light by Freya Marske: I’m buddy reading this with a group of bookish friends and I’m so excited to get started! I’ve been wanting to read this since I got my beautiful Illumicrate edition. I’ve heard such good things about this, so I’m hoping I love this as much as everyone else.
- Wildblood by Lauren Blackwood: This is my most anticipated read for February! I loved Within These Wicked Walls, this author’s Jane Eyre retelling, and I think this book sounds just as immersive. There’s a magical Jamaican jungle! I think I’m gonna have a great time with this one.
2 thoughts on “WWW Wednesday: Feb 1, 2023”
Finlay Donovan is soo good!! I hope you love it!
Ooh, I really need to read my copy of Delilah Green! I’ve heard so many great things about it and I love reading about how much you enjoyed it 😍 And Ooh, A Marvellous Light is on my TBR and I’m hoping to read it sooner rather than later this year (cos it is on my 12 Book Challenge) and I’m looking forward to it. I hope you all enjoy the book! 😃