It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde: I’m gonna be honest and say that I had only the vaguest sense of what this classic was about before I started reading it. I knew that there is a painting that takes on the sins of it’s subject, Dorian Gray. I wasn’t prepared for how terrible Dorian actually is throughout the story! Like… why is anyone friends with this man?! Well, I know why… because he’s rich and handsome. But dear lord, he sucks! Suffice it to say, I’m having a great time reading about this terrible person 😂
- Ariadne by Jennifer Saint: Dipping back into Greek mythology retellings with this one and, so far, I’m really enjoying it! I want to fight some people (LOOKING AT YOU, THESEUS) and loads of poor decisions have been made, but I’m liking how we get to see more of who Ariadne is beyond her part in Theseus’ tale. I’m already wishing that this book was a little longer because I would have loved to spend more time with Ariadne when Asterion was a baby. I’m intrigued by their relationship, but it’s a blip in this story. Still, this book is scratching that mythology retelling itch and I’m enjoying it!