Through various methods, I have picked up quite a few books recently. I figured it was about time to talk about them! As we get close to the end of year and I realize that my upcoming 2020 book buying ban is fast approaching, I find myself buying ALL THE BOOKS!
Because I have a problem, y’all.
So I’ve got quite a list! I’ll break it down by where I acquired said books.
- The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O’Neill: This is a graphic novel that is about these adorable little dragons that grow tea leaves and I just want to devour it. It looks so cute!
- Binti: The Complete Trilogy by Nnedi Okorafor: A sci-fi trilogy that I’ve been wanting to read for quite some time. Black women in space… yes, please!
- Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell and Faith Erin Hicks: A graphic novel that I’ve heard a lot about and just sounds super cute. It’s about two friends who are working their last season at the local pumpkin patch and have decided to live it up!
- The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang: I’m gonna admit that I’m not 100% sure what this one is about, but it just looked so pretty!
Book of the Month
- The Water Dancer by Ta-nehisi Coates: I’ve been curious about this book for awhile, so I snatched it up as an add on. I really enjoyed Coates’ nonfiction… perhaps that will carry over.
- When the Stars Lead to You by Ronni Davis: Alright, the only reason I added this book on was because my best friend knows the author and I wanted to support her, lol. But! It does sound interesting and I’m excited to read it.
- The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell: This was my pick for November because I love me a good thriller. Also, I didn’t like any of the other picks and I wanted add-ons sooooo *shrug*
- Red, White, & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston: I finally caved after hearing about this book literally EVERYWHERE. It was my pick for my December BotM box.
- Fate of the Fallen by Kel Kade: A book about the guy that is not the Chosen One, but has to go on the quest with him just sounds like it’s gonna be a lot of fun. And it’s pretty short, so I’m interested to see what the author can accomplish.
- Reverie by Ryan La Sala: I added this book on solely because I follow the author on Twitter and he is HILARIOUS xD I make interesting book purchasing choices.
- Girls of Storm and Shadow by Natasha Ngan: I finally own the sequel to Girls of Paper and Fire and I am r e a d y! (Probably still won’t be reading this til 2020, tho)
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman: I love Neil Gaiman and I love reading his young adult/children’s books. Coraline is one of my favorites. I’m excited to dig into this one.
Free (to me) Books
- The Institute by Stephen King: My Stephen King collection grows!! I got this book in a holiday exchange along with a pair of super cozy winter socks. I’m excited about this book but, ngl, the socks are currently winning for best. gift. EVER.
Alright! That’s all my new books and, man, it is a stack. This is why my TBR will never shrink. Though I will be working on that next year! I’m really curious to see how well I manage to stick to my buying ban… I just want all the books, y’all.
So, have you read any of these books? Are there any I should prioritize in 2020? Let me know in the comments!
And, as always, happy reading!