It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- Legendborn by Tracy Deonn: I’ve only read the first few chapters of this book about literal Black Girl Magic and I’m already hooked. I have no idea what’s going on, but I am invested! I love Bree, I’m really enjoying Tracy Deonn’s writing, and there’s already a mystery that I’m desperate to solve. I’m excited to continue!
- The Poppy Wars by R.F. Kuang: Okay, so I’ve been meaning to read this book for what feels like ages. So I joined a buddy read to give myself the kick in the rear that I needed. I would say “Why did no one tell me this book was incredible?!” but, like… pretty much everyone in the bookish community I follow has sooooo… my bad. I’m only six chapters in and I’m already completely wrapped up in this story! Rin is so ruthless, y’all, and I kind of love it.
- The Faithless Hawk by Margaret Owen: The perfect end to an incredible duology. This is definitely going to end up in my top ten of the year! I love Fie, I love Jas, I love Tavin (in that order, mind) and I loved watching them grow throughout this series. This book made me feel a lot of feelings which I have a hard time describing coherently, so check out my review to see how I truly felt. It mostly boils down to PLEASE READ THIS BOOK NOW, THANK YOU.
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia: Ugggghhhh, I will never look at mushrooms the same again 🤢🤢🤢 This book was so good, though! It was creepy and dark and disgusting and just everything I want from a horror novel! I also really enjoyed Noemi as a protagonist. She’s smart, she’s clever, and she knows how to work with what she has. This was the perfect book to get me in the mood for spooky season!
- All Systems Red by Martha Wells: Okay, um, I did not go into this book thinking I would become obsessed with a sarcastic, socially awkward android who just wants to watch daytime television BUT HERE WE ARE. I would die for Murderbot and I can’t wait to read the rest of this series! I am actually actively making myself ignore the other novellas because I have so many books I need to prioritize in September… but it’s hard, y’all 😩
- Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger: This is the Middle Grade Marvels pick for the month of September. I’ll admit, though I’ve heard of this series numerous times, I don’t know much about it. The synopsis sounds like it’ll be an exciting time, though. And reading/discussing it with a group makes it that much more enjoyable! If you’d like to join in, definitely check out the Middle Grade Marvels announcement!
- Vampires Never Get Old edited by Zoraida Córdova and Natalie C. Parker: I’m reading this book as part of the Hear Our Voices tour. I’m stupid excited about it! A whole anthology of vampire stories written by some of my favorite authors? Yes, please!
What are you currently reading? Read any new favorites lately? Did you do your own WWW Wednesday? Let me know in the comments!
And, as always, happy reading!