It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- Of Silver and Shadow by Jennifer Gruenke: I’ve been doing quite a bit of blog tours lately and I’m reading this book for yet another one! This will be with TBR & Beyond Tours and I’m excited to get to read it. It’s a young adult fantasy with intrigue and hints at a possibly sapphic relationship. It sounds like it’ll be a great time, but I’ve barely just started it. I’ll let you know all my thoughts and feelings soon!
- The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie: I am now firmly in an Agatha Christie kick, thanks solely to my wonderful buddy group within The Write Reads gang! We’ve planned a fairly chill readalong of all the Poirot books in order, though the first book has already been read by quite a few of them. This is me catching up! So far, I’m enjoying this book quite a bit. Poirot is a such a singular and dynamic character that I can’t help getting caught up in his investigations.
- The Unadjusteds by Marisa Noelle: This was a book I read for a tour put on by The Write Reads. Though I’ve found some of my favorite books through TWR tours, they can’t all hit the mark and this one definitely missed the mark. From the wholly unnecessary love triangle to the super specialness of the main character, I found myself rolling my eyes so often it’s a wonder I could actually read this! It just wasn’t for me, though I can totally see why other people could find it enjoyable. It was fast-paced and the concept was interesting! You can check out my spotlight if you’d like to learn more about it.
- Wench by Maxine Kaplan: Another tour book, go figure! I read this one as part of a blog tour run by TBR & Beyond Tours. This was a fun and interesting book that centers a sassy tavern wench as the hero in her own story. I really enjoyed our main character, Tanya, and watching her grow into her own and fight for what she believed in! You can read my r
- A Pinch of Magic by Michelle Harrison: This was the first Middle Grade Marvels pick of 2021 and I absolutely loved it! It was a grand adventure which was darker than I was anticipating, but heartwarming all at the same time. I loved the sisterly relationship between the three main characters, Betty, Charlie, and Fliss. It was so adorable and sweet! This book definitely got me hooked and makes me want to continue the series. I want to know what the Widdershins get into next!
- Bad Habits by Flynn Meaney: Look, I know I’ve mentioned I need to slow down on all these blog tours, but it’s so hard to say no! Especially to Dave, who runs The Write Reads! I read this book for another one of his tours but I had a much better time with this one than the last. Bad Habits was an absolute blast to read and I’m so glad that I didn’t resist that in-your-face cover. The book is just as vibrant and engaging as the cover would suggest!
- The Darkwater Bride by Marty Ross: My first audiobook of 2021! I’m going to try and take advantage of this reading method more often this year. This one happened to have a full cast and was wonderfully atmospheric. It’s a horror novel set in late Victorian London where a mysterious ghostly bride is killing off evil and violent men. It’s got a bit of “using rape for shock value” that I don’t agree with, but the overall story is interesting. I’ll be honest and say that most of the reason it got three stars, though, is the production value of the audiobook. It was so creepy and fit the story perfectly!
- Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas: This is a buddy read with The Write Reads group that I’m super excited for! And it’s not just because it was my pick for the poll, haha. I’ve been wanting to read this YA fantasy since it came out last year. It sounds like it’s gonna be an incredible read! There’s ghosts, there’s romance, and a main character that sounds like an absolute cinnamon roll ❤️
- Wings of Ebony by J. Elle: Here we have another book I’ve been excited for since I heard about it! I was lucky enough to snag a spot on the Caffeine Book Tour blog tour for this beauty and I couldn’t be more pleased. This is another YA fantasy, but now with Black Girl Magic. I can’t wait to pick this one up!
4 thoughts on “WWW Wednesday: Feb 3, 2021”
Ooh, I’m really looking forward to reading Bad Habits and A Pinch of Magic (which has been on my TBR for entirely too long now)! Also, super excited to read Wings of Ebony! I hope you enjoy Cemetery Boys–I absolutely adored it 😃
LikeLiked by 1 person
A Pinch of Magic was such a great read! I’m glad I finally picked it up. I’ve started Cemetery Boys and, so far, I’m really loving it. Yadriel is a precious bean who needs to be loved 🥺
Enjoyed the post. Hope you enjoy Wings of Ebony.
LikeLiked by 1 person