It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- Highway of Tears by Jessica McDiarmid: Yup, I’m still reading this non-fiction. Don’t worry, though… I’m not taking awhile with this one because I don’t like it. On the contrary, I’m finding it fascinating! Heartbreaking, yet fascinating. And I think that’s why I’m taking my time with it. I want to absorb all the information this book has to offer on the struggles First Nations women and girls have to deal with simply because of who they are. It’s a topic I know only a little about and I want to expand my knowledge. This book does it in a way that is both respectful to the victims and doesn’t feel like I’m sitting in a lecture. I’m really enjoying it, so far.
- Witchlings by Claribel A. Ortega: I finally started one of my most anticipated reads of the year and, so far, it’s just as magical as I was imagining! I’m only a few pages in, but there’s already a toad named Edgar Allan Toad and Seven is utterly endearing. I can’t wait to continue!