It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- The Atlas Six by Olivie Blake: This book snuck its way onto my radar after it seemed like everyone in the bookish community was talking about it. I know little about it other than it’s dark academia and it was originally self-published. It’s the story of six magically gifted people competing for a chance to join the Alexandrian Society, who holds all the secret knowledge supposedly lost in the great fire that burned down the Library of Alexandria. Unfortunately, there are only five spots available and it’s heavily hinted that whoever doesn’t get a spot also doesn’t get out alive. I’m enjoying the story, so far, though I’m not too far in. There’s a lot of characters to get used to, but I’m loving it!
- The Travelling Cat Chronicles by Hiro Arikawa: I’m reading this book for a group I’m in on Goodreads. It’s one of the Book of the Month selections, which I was happy about because I’ve been curious about this book for awhile. I do love a multiple POV novel and, in this one, we get the POV of a cat, as well! So far, this is such a sweet and cozy story, but it’s hinting at something that I know is going to destroy me later. We’re following a man named Satoru and his beloved cat, Nana, as they travel around trying to find someone that will take Nana into their home. I’m suspicious that, whatever reason Satoru has for giving up a cat he clearly loves, is going to make me a mess. Will it make me cry? Stay tuned, haha.