It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- No Truth Left to Tell by Michael McAuliffe: Yeeeaaahhhh…. I’m still reading this one. Honestly, it’s not a bad book. I think it’s well-written and the subject matter is interesting. It just seems like court dramas only work for me if they’re on TV. Shout out to you, Law & Order, in all you iterations! I’ve considered DNFing, but I got this from the publisher and I would really like to finish it and review it.
- The Black Sky by Timothy D. Minneci: This book I received from the author and it is a trip. It’s definitely action-packed! I’m getting through it at a steady clip, but I keep getting distracted by Trope-ical Readathon books and blog tours 😅 Still, I’m having fun with this one!
- The Faithless Hawk by Margaret Owen: THIS SEQUEL IS (so far) EVERYTHING I WANTED IT TO BE AND MORE!!! Part of me can barely put it down to do important life stuff and the other part wishes it was going slower because I don’t want it to end. The eternal dilemma with reading a fantastic book, ugh…
- One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus: Y’all, this was quite the ride! I knew this author has a way with sucking you into her mysteries after reading Two Can Keep a Secret, and this book was no different! I will say I guessed the culprit this time, but I still thought the ending was superbly done. My review will be up soon!
- Small Spaces by Katherine Arden: This was absolutely, deliciously spooky and I loved it! This was the Middle Grade Marvels BOTM for August and, hoo-boy, it did not disappoint! I think pretty much everyone in the group really enjoyed this quick, engaging little book. Now I really want to pick up Dead Voices, the companion book!
- The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas: This was my audiobook for the month and I enjoyed it immensely. The titular musketeers and their pal, d’Artagnan, are like a rolling disaster just waiting to strike, I swear 😂 I haven’t had that much fun reading a classic in quite some time! Now I’m kind of interested in the sequel, which I didn’t even know existed until Audible brought it up as a suggestion after I finished this one. I’ve heard nothing about it, but I’m still intrigued.
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia: One of the last two books on my Trope-ical Readathon TBR! I do like to take it to the wire, lol. Thankfully, this book isn’t very long and I’m in the mood to be freaked out. So bring on the gothic horror! My body is ready!
- All Systems Red by Martha Wells: The other unread book on my Trope-ical Readathon TBR! This one is a novella, though, so I’m not too worried about completing it on time. I’ve also heard amazing things about this sci-fi series, so I’m excited to get into it. Let’s end August with a bang, yes?
What are you currently reading? Read any new favorites lately? Did you do your own WWW Wednesday? Let me know in the comments!
And, as always, happy reading!