It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- It Looks Like Us by Alison Ames: Holy $#^!, this book is freaky! And it dumps you right into the frights, too! I’m loving how intense and strange this story is, so far, and I may have stayed up way too late last night because I needed to know what happened next. This is a young adult horror that is set in Antarctica where a group of teens are tasked with helping collect ice samples. Of course, that all goes horribly wrong when a monster finds its way to them. The setting and the monster combine in a way that makes it truly spooky and this author knows how to write a creepy scene. I can’t wait to continue!
- Unravel the Dusk by Elizabeth Lim: I’m finally finishing the Blood of the Stars duology! I read Spin the Dawn forever ago and truly enjoyed it. Now it’s time to complete the series by finishing this one. So far, the writing is just as good as the first book. I’m excited to pick up Maia’s story where it left off and it certainly starts off in an exciting, if dangerous, way! Looking forward to finishing this one up this week.