It’s time for another WWW Wednesday! This is a bookish meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words where bloggers answer the 3 Ws:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
If you’d like to learn more about any of these books, click on the cover to be taken to the Goodreads page.
- The Devil and the Dark Water by Stuart Turton: I’m reading this with a bunch of The Write Reads gang and, so far it’s a lot of fun! I mean, the book is dark and twisty and strange, but the discussions are hilarious 😂 I’m really loving the book so far. It instantly captures your interest and pulls you into the intrigue! And I do love a thriller with short chapters. I’m looking forward to continuing with this one.
- Winterling by Sarah Prineas: This is one of the December picks for the Middle Grade Marvels group. I hadn’t heard of this book before it was selected, so I went into this one kind of blind. I find myself really enjoying it! It has fae that love strict rules, which is my favorite. And the descriptions in this book really transport you to the setting, which I love! And, of course, it’s tons of fun discussing theories with everyone in the group 💕
- Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky by Kwame Mbalia: This is the other December pick for Middle Grade Marvels and, if I’m being honest, the one I’m liking the most! I get the feeling this is going to be a five star read. I love Tristan and Gum Baby and the whole world of MidPass! It’s a wonderful story, so far, and I can’t wait to continue.
- Super Secret BBNYA Book #3: I haven’t been terribly vocal about being one of the panelists for the Book Bloggers’ Novel of the Year Award, but it has been so much fun reading all the excerpts and helping choose the finalists! Right now, I can’t talk about any of the three books I was given to read and rate for the final round and it’s haaaaaaard 😩 Mostly because they’re all so good! I’m currently reading the last book I was sent and, so far, it looks like it’s going to be just as enjoyable as the other two.
- Blood & Honey by Shelby Mahurin: This is a series I don’t talk about on the blog all that much even though I find myself really enjoying it. I read the first book, Serpent & Dove, and was surprised by how much I liked it, lol. It was a fun and fast-paced read, good for a palette cleanser in between denser books. This second book is much the same, if a tad bit darker. I enjoyed my time and will definitely be checking out the finale!
- Shadows of Winterspell by Amy Wilson: This was the Middle Grade Marvels choice for November and I had such a good time reading it! It was a cute story, with lovable characters and a mystery that kept you curious. You can read my mini-review of it here.
- Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier: You know how there are books that you’re 100% sure you wouldn’t have read if it weren’t for the fact that you were reading it with other people? Rebecca is one of those books for me 😂 I read this with some of The Write Reads folks and our discussions are honestly what kept me going. I’m not saying it was a bad book, though. It was rather readable and engaging for something published in the 1930s. But I wanted to strangle most people throughout the story and the narrator would go on these tangents that had me scratching my head. My review is forthcoming!
- The Cousins by Karen M. McManus: Oh, this glorious, twisty book. Karen M. McManus is now my go-to when it comes to YA thrillers as I’ve loved every single one that she’s published. Well… and I’ve read. I still have to get to One of Us is Next, but that will be happening soon! I read this book as part of a The Write Reads Ultimate Blog Tour and I’m so glad that I got to participate. The book was incredible! You can see my tour stop here.
- Super Secret BBNYA Book #1 and #2: It’s so hard not being able to shove these books in people’s faces yet 😩 The first two books I read for the final round of BBNYA were both so freakin’ GOOD! I want to tell everyone about them (and mark them off on my Goodreads, lol), but I have to wait. I don’t have to wait much longer, at least, since the winner is set to be announced by the end of December. I can’t wait for y’all to hear about all of these fantastic books!
- Amari and the Night Brothers by B.B. Alston: I’m reading this one for yet another The Write Reads blog tour (Dave has the best tours!) and I honestly can’t wait to get started. I’ve been hearing nothing but rave reviews in the group chat! Also, I mean, let’s just appreciate that gorgeous cover 😍 I’m really looking forward to this one!
- The Bone Shard Daughter by Andrea Stewart: I recently picked this one up at the library because I kept hearing amazing things about it. It’s also blurbed by Alix E. Harrow and it sounds like something that would be right up my alley. And, again, I’m absolutely loving the cover! Hopefully I’ll be able to get to this one soon.
That’s it for another WWW Wednesday! What have you read recently? What are some books up next on your TBR? Let me know in the comments!
And, as always, happy reading!